The Sims 2 Game Cheats
Cheat: 50,000 Cash
To get 50,000 Sim bucks press CTL + Shift + C and type in Motherlode.
Hint: Combine Aspiration Rewards
Combine aspiration rewards for even bigger boosts. For example, if your Sim is wearing a Thinking Cap and feeds Smart Milk to their Toddler, the Toddler builds skill four times as fast!
Press Ctrl + Shift + C to bring up the cheat console.
- Add 1,000 dollars to household funds: Kaching
- Move unmovable objects and put them in illegal places: Moveobjects on/off
- Sims won't age: Aging on/off
- Changes Sim's height: StretchSkeleton 1.0 where 1.0 is the default. (Courtesy Ellen Tansey)
- Toggles notification of available game patches: Autopatch on/off
- Turning off for better game performance with some graphical errors: Vsync on/off
- Turns off facial bounding limitations. It prevents the normal corrections the game will make for two parents with very different facial structures: faceBlendLimits (on/off)
- Lists some, but not all cheats: Help
- Closes cheat window: Exit
- Expands or contracts the cheat window: Expand
- Use false to place the objects out of grid: boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true/false
Submitted by Orlando Potter
- Removes every sim from the neighborhood: deleteAllCharacters
- Toggles between two terrain types: TerrainType desert/temperate
- Turns shadows on and off: boolProp simShadows (True/False)
- Turns plants in neighborhood on and off: boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora (True/False)
- Turns roads in neighborhood on and off: boolprop displayNeighborhoodRoads (True/False)
Cheat: Test Mode
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true: This cheat was used in the making and programming of The Sims 2 to test objects and sims. It allows you to click on a sim and change their aspiration or aspiration bar, give them an illness, kill them, add sims to the family without asking them to move in or marrying them, and tons of other stuff. You press shift and then click on something and it shows you the available options. The objects with the most interactions are the mailbox and sims. For most objects the only option when you press shirt and click is force error (never click this!) Remember this was supposed to be used for testing and programming and some things can really mess up your game, so use it at your own risk.
Cheat: Film Settings
- Set to “true” for all filmic cheats to function: boolProp enablePostProcessing true/false
- 0 is normal and 8 is slower: Slowmotion 0-8
- A look that is bright and blurry. "r", "g," and "b" are color values (0-255) and "x" is the amount of blooming from 0 to 255: Bloom (r g b x)
- Creates a filmic look in which a clear focal point and blurry surrounding: vignette (centerx centery X)
- Changes a film graininess: filmgrain (0-1)
- Makes a letterbox view of a designated size: letterbox (0.0-0.4)